- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out to a 1/2-in.
- thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in.
- apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes
- or until golden brown. While hot, cut biscuits in half horizontally
- and spread insides with butter. Set aside to cool.
- Just before serving, place heavy cream in a chilled small mixing bowl
- and with chilled beaters, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- remaining 1-2 tablespoons sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Spoon
- cream over the bottom of each biscuit. Top with berry mixture and
- biscuit top. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.