French Toast Fingers
Bite-size French toast "fingers" are great for a buffet…and kids love them. —Mavis Diment, Marcus, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 slices day-old white bread
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt; set aside. Spread
- preserves on four slices of bread; top with the remaining bread.
- Trim crusts; cut each sandwich into three strips.
- Dip both sides in egg mixture. Cook on a lightly greased hot griddle
- for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving of three strips (prepared with egg substitute, fat-free milk and sugar-free preserves and without confectioners' sugar) equals 235 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 meat, 1/2 fruit.