French Toast Fingers Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 slices day-old white bread
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt; set aside. Spread preserves on four slices of bread; top with the remaining bread. Trim crusts; cut each sandwich into three strips.
- 2. Dip both sides in egg mixture. Cook on a lightly greased hot griddle for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3 pieces : 298 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for French Toast Fingers
"Yummy and easy. I'm sure it's the perfect kid food."
"Can this recipe be cooked and then frozen"
"I add a teaspoon of vanilla to enrich the flavor. For Jeanelle just eat 2 not 3 sticks. That is equivalent to 1 and 1/3 slices of bread."
"Very good recipe."
"Made these for camping. Followed directions, but added cream cheese and apricot jam. Froze on baking sheet,then bagged and labeled.At camp, I got my electric skillet outside, browned some sausage links --- while fingers thawed some. Then I slid the sausages to the outer edges of skillet and browned the french toast fingers. Enjoyed by young and old alike. Thanks for the idea."
"I used whole grain bread and added some cream cheese to the filling."
"Great hit with the kids! Super easy to make, and tasted great! The only change I made, was I added vanilla flavored soy milk instead of regular milk to the mix ... only because my son can't digest dairy. But they turned out great nonetheless. Great with sugar on top!"