French Herb Seasoning
This versatile seasoning will wake up the flavor in both meat and vegetables, guarantees Joan Hallford. "This zesty mix is so simple to make. I always have a jar on hand," she writes from North Richland Hills, Texas. "I especially like it because it's salt-free, yet it gives food a delicious perk."
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3 tablespoons each dried savory, marjoram and thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight
- container for up to 6 months. Yield: 2/3 cup.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 teaspoon) equals 3 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food.