Freezer Cucumber Pickles Recipe
When I first started to make these crunchy and satisfying pickles, I wasn't sure if freezing cucumbers would actually work. To my surprise, they come out perfect! Now I make enough to take them to picnics or give as gifts to friends and neighbors. —Connie Goense, Pembroke Pine, Florida
- 4 pounds pickling cucumbers, sliced
- 8 cups thinly sliced onions (about 8 medium)
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1. Rinse ten 2-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly. Divide cucumbers, onions, salt and water between two large bowls. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours. Do not drain.
- 2. Add 2 cups sugar and 1 cup vinegar to each bowl; stir until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to prepared containers, leaving 1-in. headspace for expansion; freeze up to 6 months.
- 3. Thaw pickles in refrigerator 8 hours before using. Serve within 2 weeks after thawing. Yield: 10 pints.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 47 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Freezer Cucumber Pickles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC