Four-Cheese Macaroni Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheeses until melted. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir until coated. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 368 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Four-Cheese Macaroni
"This is most definitely NOT gross! The blue cheese gives it a sharper taste but not too sharp. LOVE this!"
"it was gross"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.