I adapted this recipe from one a friend gave to me. It has a distinctive blue cheese taste and is very filling. I like to serve it with chicken. —Darlene Marturano, W. Suffield, Connecticut
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper
- until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring
- constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheeses until melted. Drain macaroni; add
- to cheese sauce and stir until coated. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 368 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.