Four-Cheese Bow Ties Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/3 cups grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain tomatoes, reserving 1-1/4 cups juice; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk and reserved tomato juice. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Drain pasta; add the sauce and reserved tomatoes. Stir in cheeses and parsley. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 321 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.