- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/3 cups grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain tomatoes, reserving 1-1/4 cups juice; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk and reserved tomato juice. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta; add the sauce and reserved tomatoes. Stir in cheeses and parsley. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forFour-Cheese Bow Ties
"I have made this several times and my entire family loves it. I add grilled chicken cut into cubes to make it a main dish as well as add chopped spinach. I don't like blue cheese so I leave it out and it still comes out great! other variations I've tried, add Italian sausage with a package of taco seasoning for a Mexican meets Itialian dish."
"This is a delicious, elegant but simple to make recipe that even works for company. It goes nicely with parnesan knots and an Italian tossed salad. My kids cheer when I tell them that I am making this dish! EXCELLENT!"
"I love this recipe! It's so amazingly cheesy!"