- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/3 cups grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue or Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1-1/4 cups juice; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk and reserved tomato juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, sauce and reserved tomatoes. Stir in the cheeses and parsley; toss gently. Place in a greased 3-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forFour-Cheese Bow Ties
"I have made this several times and my entire family loves it. I add grilled chicken cut into cubes to make it a main dish as well as add chopped spinach. I don't like blue cheese so I leave it out and it still comes out great! other variations I've tried, add Italian sausage with a package of taco seasoning for a Mexican meets Itialian dish."
"This is a delicious, elegant but simple to make recipe that even works for company. It goes nicely with parnesan knots and an Italian tossed salad. My kids cheer when I tell them that I am making this dish! EXCELLENT!"
"I love this recipe! It's so amazingly cheesy!"