I FOUND this recipe among our old family favorites and adapted it to make a small amount. It's quick and easy to prepare, but we still consider it a special treat.
I make it for breakfast and to satisfy a sweet tooth. Topped with a fresh fruit sauce, it's a wonderful dessert!
-Eugene Presley, Council, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the egg, milk and shortening; stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when
- bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until the second side is
- golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 283 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.