Fluffy Creamed Potatoes
"WE ALWAYS had mashed potatoes with our roast beef, only we called them 'creamed' potatoes, a cloud-like delight crowned with golden-brown gravy from the roast! Any kind of potato will do...the secret to making them light and fluffy is in the whipping!"
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup evaporated milk or heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain. Add
- butter, cream cheese and 1/3 cup milk or cream. Beat on low speed or
- mash with potato masher, adding remaining milk or cream as needed to
- make potatoes light and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 153 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.