Flavorful Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the Worcestershire sauce, honey and mustard to the skillet; stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 4 teaspoons sauce equals 429 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 796 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.