Flavorful Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds red potatoes (about 12 medium), quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1. Place potatoes and garlic in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Drain; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding remaining ingredients. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 146 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Flavorful Mashed Potatoes
"The name is right on the mark. They are flavorful! They are very easy and worth the few minutes it takes. I always try to use the freshest ingredients I can find. It's so worth it."
"Wonderful! The herbs give it just the right amount of flavor while not over-powering the natural flavor of the potatoes!"
"Who likes already-prepared stuff when you can have something MUCH better by taking a bit of time to make it yourself!"
"By not fully mashing the potatoes, I used this recipe to get my family hooked on "smashed potatoes". The herbs are terrific. Sometimes I add a handful of grated low-fat cheese and diced broccoli for a change of pace."
"This was EXCELLENT with the Hearty Salisbury Steak recipe. YUM! I made half the batch for my family of 5 and still had some left over. I used Silk unsweetened original almond milk in place of the fat free milk for fewer calories and more calcium. Very good!"
"This recipe is a keeper at my house!"
"Loved this Mashed Potatoes recipe. The name says it all! It is a perfect summertime recipe with the fresh herbs."