- 4 pounds red potatoes (about 12 medium)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- Scrub and quarter potatoes; place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potato mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forFlavorful Mashed Potatoes
"The name is right on the mark. They are flavorful! They are very easy and worth the few minutes it takes. I always try to use the freshest ingredients I can find. It's so worth it."
"Wonderful! The herbs give it just the right amount of flavor while not over-powering the natural flavor of the potatoes!"
"Who likes already-prepared stuff when you can have something MUCH better by taking a bit of time to make it yourself!"
"This was EXCELLENT with the Hearty Salisbury Steak recipe. YUM! I made half the batch for my family of 5 and still had some left over. I used Silk unsweetened original almond milk in place of the fat free milk for fewer calories and more calcium. Very good!"
"This recipe is a keeper at my house!"
"Loved this Mashed Potatoes recipe. The name says it all! It is a perfect summertime recipe with the fresh herbs."