Firefighter's Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine soups, sour cream, milk, 2 tablespoons butter and seasonings. Add the cheeses, celery, onion and mushrooms. Stir in the chicken and spaghetti.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Combine cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 cup equals 404 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 763 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.