Fire-Roasted Ziti with Sausage Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (26 ounces) fire-roasted tomato and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to the pan. Stir in the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and sausage; heat through.
- 2. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover and heat over medium heat for 2-5 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 463 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,634 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.