Fire-Roasted Ziti with Sausage Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or rigatoni (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) fire-roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook ziti according to package directions for al dente. Drain; return to pot.
- 2. Add tomatoes, pasta sauce and sausage to ziti; heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cook, covered, 2-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 463 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,634 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Fire-Roasted Ziti with Sausage
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.