- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or rigatoni (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) fire-roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook ziti according to package directions for al dente. Drain; return to pot.
- Add tomatoes, pasta sauce and sausage to ziti; heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cook, covered, 2-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forFire-Roasted Ziti with Sausage
"This recipe is fantastic. Best of all, my husband said it was good--a definite plus. I will make it again. I substituted lower fat items in the dish and used Heart healthy spaghetti sauce."
"This was very good, but the ratio of pasta to sauce is way off... I doubled the pasta - just used a regular 16 oz. size box of it - if I hadn't done that, it would have been very soupy. Otherwise, it was great. I put it in a baking dish and stuck it in the oven for a little bit, then sprinkled the rest of the mozzarella on top. Smoked sausage in pasta dishes is not new to me - we love it that way - if you haven't tried it yet, you really must... It really bumps up the flavor of regular old pasta!!"
"This recipe is packed with flavor and requires only a few ingredients. Definitely a keeper.~ Theresa"