Feta Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Jan Stone of Cincinnati, Ohio jazzes up her mashed potatoes with feta cheese and garlic. “I don’t peel the potatoes, because my family likes the texture better. But feel free to peel them if desired,” she suggests.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and cook
- for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl; mash. Add the cheese, cream, salt
- and pepper; beat until fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 181 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.