Feta Asparagus Frittata
Asparagus and feta cheese come together to make this frittata extra special. Perfect for a lazy Sunday or to serve with a tossed salad for a light lunch. —Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water for 6-8
- minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Finely chop two spears; set
- remaining asparagus aside.
- In an 8-in. ovenproof pan or skillet, saute the onions, garlic and
- chopped asparagus in oil until tender. In a bowl, whisk the eggs,
- cream, salt and pepper; pour into skillet. Cover and cook over
- medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Arrange reserved asparagus spears so they resemble spokes of a wheel
- over eggs; sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 7-9 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 frittata equals 427 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 670 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium,