Favorite Hamburger Noodle Bake Recipe
This is an old family favorite I made when my boys were growing up. There were never any leftovers.—Patricia Teller, Lewiston, Idaho
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente; drain. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the noodles, soup, cheese, water and chili sauce. Transfer to two greased 8-in.-square baking dishes.
- 2. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casseroles. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
1 serving equals 477 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 794 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC