Favorite Apple Crisp
With filling meals, it is hard to save room sometimes, but few can refuse my wonderful dessert.Yvonne Nave, Lyons, Kansas
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the first four ingredients. Pour into a greased
- 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine oats, flour, brown
- sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at
- 350° for 55-60 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is
- golden. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 218 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.