- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the first four ingredients. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forFavorite Apple Crisp
"One of the easiest apple crisp recipes i have found. Added a little nutmeg (maybe 1/4 tsp) and gave a little zing. Served with pumpkin ice cream on top, yum!!!"
"Wow is this good! Made it about 3 days ago and batch number two is in the oven now. Delicious my husband says more more more, make more, lol! Try it you will love it."
"My husband loved it! I made it with 6 cups of apples and it was just fine."
"Fantastic! Fast & easy. Will definitely make again."
"I was looking for an easy apple crisp recipe to use up apples from the orchard. This was as simple as could be. I used Cortland apples and it was delicious."
"This was just what I was looking for! Recipe was easy to follow, turned out perfect! I did double the topping, because I used a 7 x 11 dish."
"Simple and delicious! My family loved it!"
"this recipe is awesome, we always serve warm with vanilla ice cream ... YUM it starts off fall for us!"
"Used a mixture of Granny Smith and Fuji apples--hubby loved it! Apparently I should have tried it before he came home...guess that just means I have to make another one. Great recipe.: very easy to make and (apparently) very tasty!"