Fast Lime Sherbet
You don't need an ice cream maker to churn out this pretty light green refresher from Carolyn Hannay of Antioch, Tennessee. The mild lime flavor and frosty consistency make it a perfect summertime treat.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin powder in boiling water. Add the
- milk, sugar and lemon juice; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and let stand for 10 minutes or until
- slightly softened. In a large bowl, beat until light and fluffy.
- Refreeze for at least 1 hour. Yield: about 1 quart.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 260 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fruit.