Jeannette Westphal, Gettysburg, South Dakota
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain.
- In drippings, saute onion and potatoes until potatoes are browned,
- about 5 minutes. Pour eggs into skillet; cook and stir gently until
- eggs are set and cooked to desired doneness. Season with salt and
- pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon; let stand for 2-3 minutes or
- until cheese melts. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 319 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.