Fantastic Beef Fajitas Recipe
The first time I made these beef fajitas, my family couldn't get enough. The next time I had to make a double batch so everyone had enough. This is a favorite evening meal for me because it fixes up quick. It would be a good one for entertaining, too—the avocados add a nice dash of color. —Marla Brenneman, Goshen, Indiana
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak or flank steak, trimmed and cut against the grain into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 flour tortilla shells, warmed
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine marinade ingredients; add beef. Seal and refrigerate for 3-6 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- 2. Discard marinade. In a skillet, saute onion and pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp tender; remove from pan. Add remaining oil and saute meat until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add vegetables to pan and heat through.
- 3. To serve, place a spoonful of meat/vegetable mixture on a warmed tortilla and top with avocado, salsa and sour cream. Roll tortilla around filling. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC