- 1 pound sirloin or flank steak, trimmed and cut across the grain into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 8 flour tortilla shells, warmed
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine all marinade ingredients; toss with beef. Cover and refrigerate 3-6 hours or overnight, stirring several times. Drain meat before cooking. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Saute onion and pepper until crisp tender; remove from pan. Add remaining oil and saute meat until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add vegetables to pan and heat through. To serve, place a spoonful of meat/vegetable mixture on a warmed tortilla and top with avocado, salsa and sour cream. Roll tortilla around filling. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forFantastic Beef Fajitas
"Tasty and easy. I will make these again."
"These were SO easy and tasty! I prefer mildly spiced foods and this was perfect for me. My husband likes it a bit hotter so he topped his fajitas with some chipotle pepper powder."
"Marinade is very good!"
"My family loved these fajitas! The marinade is delicious, and I served the fajitas with homemade pico de gallo. Instead of pan-frying the steak and veggies, I used a grill plate. I'll be making this recipe again soon!"
"Needs more zip!!"
"I kept craving more of these."
"this was easy and it will be a recipe i will share with friends and family"
"These were very good. I just fried the beef and served with sweet onion and red pepper and all the fixings. Sliced cheese as well. Yummy"
"Very tasty! Next time I will include the avacados; I'm sure they will be even better."
"These Were Very Good! I Would Recommend Them To Anyone.ForThose Saying It's Not "Mexican", you Clearly HaveNoIdea About The History Of FajitasFajita Is Simply A Term For Strips Of Meat Grilled And Served On A Corn Or Flour Tortilla. There Is No Right Or Wing Way. And It's Not Mexican - It's Tex-Mex. Get With The Program."