Fancy Berry Beverage Recipe
We offer this fruity beverage to guests to add a festive touch to holiday gatherings. It pours up frothy, then separates into a dark pink base with a light foamy top. A slightly tart drink, it's wonderful with home-baked cookies.
- 8 cups cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and pureed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl or container, combine the first five ingredients; stir until smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Fold in whipped cream. Slowly add ginger ale; stir gently to mix. Pour into glasses. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 quarts.
1 cup equals 261 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC