English Muffin Pizza Joes Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add the peppers, onion, mushrooms and seasonings; cook 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomato sauce and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Top each muffin half with 2 tablespoons meat sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese melts and filling is hot. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 192 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.