We enjoy Southwestern flavors and this six-ingredient recipe never gets boring. The chicken sizzles in the skillet before getting baked and comes out tender and juicy every time. —Nancy Sousley, Lafayette, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning blend. In an ovenproof skillet, brown
- chicken in oil. Top with enchilada sauce, cheese and cilantro. Bake
- at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 265 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.