Enchilada Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning blend. In an ovenproof skillet, brown chicken in oil. Top with enchilada sauce, cheese and cilantro. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 265 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.