Eggnog Mini Loaves
The seasonal flavors of eggnog, rum extract and nutmeg shine through in these moist, golden loaves. Tender slices go great with a cup of coffee. —Beverly Elmore, Spokane, Michigan
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and
- nutmeg. In another bowl, beat the eggs, eggnog, sugar, butter and
- extracts; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 105 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.