Easy Tomato Avocado Salad
I came up with this recipe one day when avocados were on sale at the market. It's a nice change from a lettuce salad, plus it's quick to make.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, lime juice, garlic powder, salt
- and pepper. Add avocado and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for 30
- minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 173 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.