Easy Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk hot or mild Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage until browned; drain. Stir in onion and green pepper until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, broth, ham, rice, bay leaf and thyme; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Stir in shrimp; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 330 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 1,125 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.