Easy Sesame Broccoli Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh broccoli spears
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute sesame seeds in 1 teaspoon oil until lightly browned. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce and remaining oil. Drain broccoli; toss with sesame seed mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 49 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Easy Sesame Broccoli
"This is a tasty dish!"