Easy Sesame Broccoli
For a time-saving addition to supper, Myra Innes seasons broccoli spears with lemon, soy sauce and sesame seeds. It's a nice change from plain broccoli," she writes from Auburn, Kansas.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh broccoli spears
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute sesame seeds in 1 teaspoon oil
- until lightly browned. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar,
- lemon juice, soy sauce and remaining oil. Drain broccoli; toss with
- sesame seed mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 49 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.