For a time-saving addition to supper, Myra Innes seasons broccoli spears with lemon, soy sauce and sesame seeds. It's a nice change from plain broccoli," she writes from Auburn, Kansas.
Recommended: 27 Easy Shrimp Recipes for Weeknight Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh broccoli spears
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute sesame seeds in 1 teaspoon oil until lightly browned. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce and remaining oil. Drain broccoli; toss with sesame seed mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Broccoli in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p8
Reviews forEasy Sesame Broccoli
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2011
"This is a tasty dish!"