Easy Salsa Sloppy Joes
I created these sandwiches when I realized I did not have a can of sloppy joe sauce. The sweet brown sugar in this recipe complements the tangy salsa. —Mrs. Krista E Collins, Concord, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/3 cups salsa
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in salsa, soup and brown sugar. Cover and simmer 10
- minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 271 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.