Easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
"Here's a traditional dessert that's been updated with packaged items for convenience," explains Karen Ann Bland from Gove, Kansas.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 10 pecan halves
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- Pour butter into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drain
- pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Arrange pineapple slices in
- prepared pan; place a pecan half in the center of each slice.
- Combine the apricot preserves and reserved pineapple juice; spoon
- over pineapple slices.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour over
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto a large serving
- platter. Cool slightly; serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.