Easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe
"Here's a traditional dessert that's been updated with packaged items for convenience," explains Karen Ann Bland from Gove, Kansas.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 10 pecan halves
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1. Pour butter into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Arrange pineapple slices in prepared pan; place a pecan half in the center of each slice. Combine the apricot preserves and reserved pineapple juice; spoon over pineapple slices.
- 2. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour over pineapple.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto a large serving platter. Cool slightly; serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC