Easy Pineapple Coconut Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple. Spread over cake. Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions; set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping. Spread over pudding. Sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Easy Pineapple Coconut Cake
"My husband made it for our wedding anniversary. It might have been his first cake ever, but it turned out great. Easy to make yet very tasty. Difficult to stop eating it !!!!"
"Super good cake! Keeping for future occasions!"
"Im gonna try to bake this one."
"I made this for a coworker's birthday last year and he requested it again this year. I have made it many time in between too. Everyone just loves this cake!!"
"I made this recipe for the adults at my daughter's Birthday party, and it was a hit. Have since made it again. It hits the spot on a hot day, nice and light."
"This cake was easy, very delicious and we all loved it! The only thing I did different was that I used lemon pudding instead of vanilla. Can't wait to make it again!"
"This is a very refreshing cake. Not too tropical, but nice hints with the coconut. Not extremely light, but pairs well with a lighter meal."
"This recipe deserves 5-stars but I have no idea how to fix this online. But this cake recipe by far is one of the best and easy cakes to make. My husband constantly begs me to make it. Light and fluffy. I used fat-free cream cheese in place of regular and still tastes great!"
"I've made this cake several times. Excellent crowd pleaser, several compliments. Light, fluffy; a perfect ending to a meal."
"Excellent dessert, I've made it for several events and always get compliments."
"This cake is very good I cut the fat even more by using egg beaters. next time I will try using a limon lime diet soda. I also used FF cream cheese instead of the regular. My tip for the FF cream cheese to taste better is to add lemon juice & vanilla flavoring while beating whipping the cream cheese. I also used about a half a cup of splenda to sweeten it up. Thats just a few hints. Hope you try & enjoy."