Easy Mexican Chicken and Rice
This is a super-tasty, Mexican-style dinner that everyone loves. I've served it at informal get-togethers, passing the toppings around for a fun presentation. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups salsa
- 1 envelope (5.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Stir in the salsa, rice
- mix, olives and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sour cream, avocado and tomato.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 617 calories, 32 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 1,478 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white