Easy Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- 3 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring, occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 224 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 657 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.