Easy Italian Sausage and Peppers
My sister was hosting a birthday party and asked me to bring sausage and peppers. I'd never made them before, so I altered a braised pepper recipe. Now family members request this dish often.Jeanne Corsi, Arnold, Pennsylvania
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 pounds Italian sausage links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender,
- stirring, occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 224 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 657 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.