Easy Chopped Steak
My husband and I think this is one of the best hamburger steak recipes we have ever tried. It's reminiscent of the time when you could get a good hamburger steak only at a diner. To enhance the flavor, I like to mix this up early in the day.Bette Persinger, Pasadena, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into two 1/2-in.-thick patties. Pan-fry
- or broil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer
- reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 426 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.