Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
A must for any Mexican meal at my house, these enchiladas tingle taste buds when I serve them. Try them as a main dish or include them as part of a buffet.
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Pico de gallo, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chicken, sour cream, soup, chilies, onion, pepper and salt. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with pico de gallo. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 663 calories, 39 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 1,160 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC