Easy Black Forest Torte Recipe
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Sprinkle marshmallows in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour over the marshmallows. Spoon pie filling over batter. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Frost with whipped topping. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Easy Black Forest Torte
"I've been making this cake since it first came out in Quick Cooking in 1998. My family love it! It's taste good, it's quick to make, plus it starts with a cake mix. It is the recipe I go to for a quick dessert to take someplace!"
"Easy breezy. Love black forest cake and this was so easy and yummy"
"This was an outstanding hit for my husbands birthday and the gang we had over to celebrate loved it. DELICIOUS!!!"
"do you really bake it for a hour i did and it burnt on me"
"I have made this recipe many times. It is easy to make and is always a hit in any group. We love it!"
"This recipe is a definite keeper! I used 1/2 water and 1/2 Amaretto in the cake mix and it was amazing!"
"Super easy and delicious!"
"I was sceptical when I first read the recipe. Putting marshmallows in the bottom of the pan and not mixing the pie filling into the batter just sounded odd. But6 it worked and was truly delicious."
"I made this for a super bowl party they loved it plus it was so easy to do"
"Very good and very easy to make.My husband said this one was a keeper."
"I loved it"
"This torte turned out very well, and was so quick and simple to make. I gave some to my neighbors that enjoyed it very much. I would suggest if for a potluck. Inexpensive to make yet impressive."