Easy Apple Betty Recipe
I've been cooking since I was a young girl and am always on the lookout for easy yet delicious dishes. This recipe fits the bill.—Sharon Knelsen, Coaldale, Alberta
- 10 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1-3/4 cups crushed oatmeal cookies (about 18)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Toss apples and apple juice; arrange half in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cookie crumbs, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle half over apples. Repeat layers.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 213 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Easy Apple Betty
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC