VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1-3/4 cups crushed oatmeal cookies (about 18)
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Toss apples and apple juice; arrange half in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cookie crumbs, margarine and cinnamon; sprinkle half over apples. Repeat layers. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Easy Apple Betty in Country Woman March/April 1999, p36