- On a parchment paper-lined surface, roll a small amount of dough to
- 1/8-in. thickness. Trace around template or cut with floured 3-in.
- holiday-shaped cookie cutters, leaving 1 in. between cookies. Remove
- excess dough and reroll scraps if desired.
- Slide a baking sheet under the parchment paper and dough. If using
- template, trace decorative details with a toothpick. Brush cookies
- with milk and sprinkle with chopped almonds as desired. Repeat with
- remaining dough.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Dough can be made 2 days in advance. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before rolling out. Cookies can be baked 1 week ahead of time and stored in an airtight container at room temperature or frozen for up to 1 month.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 151 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.