Double Peanut Pie
I created this recipe for a national pie contest and won second place for my state. Many peanuts are grown here, and I always look for ways to use local products.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Gradually add the peanut butter,
- sugar, corn syrups, butter and vanilla until well blended. Fold in
- Pour into the crust. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Cool. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 484 calories, 30 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.