I created this recipe for a national pie contest and won second place for my state. Many peanuts are grown here, and I always look for ways to use local products.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs; gradually add peanut butter, sugar, corn syrups, butter and vanilla; mix well. Fold in peanuts. Pour into the crust. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Cool. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Double Peanut Pie in Country August/September 1996, p49