Dijon Mushroom Beef
Coated in a mild Dijon mustard sauce, the beef strips and sliced mushrooms in this dish are delicious over noodles or rice. This was hit with my family when I served it with broccoli and fresh tomatoes.
Judith McGhan of Perry Hall, Maryland
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Hot cooked yolk-free noodles, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until
- tender. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook beef until
- no longer pink. Add the soup, milk, mustard and mushroom mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened. Serve
- with hot cooked noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup beef mixture (calculated without noodles) equals 261 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.