Dijon Mushroom Beef Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Hot cooked yolk-free noodles, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Add the soup, milk, mustard and mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with hot cooked noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup beef mixture (calculated without noodles) equals 261 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.