Curried Turkey Recipe
With a tossed green salad and some fresh hot rolls, this dish makes an easy delicious meal! You'll like how the apple and curry flavors accent the meal. Here's another bonus - it's a good way to use up leftover turkey from holiday dinners.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and bouillon, stirring until bouillon is dissolved. Set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute apples and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, curry powder, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk mixture and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey and heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 338 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC