With a tossed green salad and some fresh hot rolls, this dish makes an easy delicious meal! You'll like how the apple and curry flavors accent the meal. Here's another bonus - it's a good way to use up leftover turkey from holiday dinners.
Recommended: 48 Delicious Ideas for Leftover Turkey
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and bouillon, stirring until bouillon is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute apples and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, curry powder, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk mixture and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey and heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curried Turkey in Country Extra March 1994, p49
Reviews forCurried Turkey
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2010
"I added 2 garlic cloves and some crushed red pepper to add flavor."