Curried Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups diced unpeeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice or macaroni
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in 1 tablespoon of butter; drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Add water, apples, raisins if desired, marmalade, lemon juice, curry, sugar and pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Return pork chops to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pork juices run clear and apples are crisp-tender. Remove pork chops; keep warm.
- 4. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; add to skillet, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice or macaroni. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 364 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Curried Pork Chops
"My teenage son was skeptical about this recipe, but it was a home run once he tasted it. He told me to definitely make this dish again in the future. Thanks Taste of Home. I wanted to try something new and different besides curry chicken."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.