Crustless Four-Cheese Quiche Recipe
More Vegetarian Recipes »
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, baking powder, mustard and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Slowly beat in the cream cheese, cottage cheese mixture and white sauce until smooth. Fold in the Jarlsberg and Parmesan cheeses.
- 3. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 409 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 254 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Crustless Four-Cheese Quiche
"I used muffin tins (lined with silicone cupcake liners) to make individual servings. So fluffy and moist. A bit salty, I might experiment with reduced-sodium cottage cheese next time."
"This was very very cheesy and tasted more like egg and cheese for breakfast. It did taste very good with side of vegetables"
"We love it! It's super easy, it has become one of our favourite light suppers. I like to try different cheese or flavoured cream cheese, and occasionally toss in some tomato trinity mix or a pepper mix for colour and flavour."
"Award winning indeed. This recipe was a smash at work. It was moist, flavorful, and had an excellent consistency. I would highly recommend this light and fluffy quiche as the perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch."
"My husband loved it, so did my kids. It was light and fluffy and not at all bland. I highly recommend it."
"I added 2 tablespoons finely sliced green onions when melting the butter and then added the flour. I used a 10 inch deep dish pie plate - 9 inch was too small. We loved this recipe and have already made it again."